Summer Academics Gold is your best choice for your child to get to the top five in the Fall class, develop a love for learning, and mix in some great some summer fun.
Students learn best when they want to learn. Our job is to keep them learning and engaged to get to the head of the class.
Summer Academics Gold is an 8 week educational program during July and August, Each week and each grade has two learning modules – in math and English. Your child will complete every Friday with specific topics added to their skill set. These skills are directly related to the public school curriculum that they will work on in Fall 2018. Science, Technology, a college trip and daily moments of motivation keep the students engaged.
Summer is an exciting time at 82nd Street Academics. We have a summer of challenge and fun that helps students start next September at the head of the class! We build lessons with student curiosity, hands-on and project based themes.(We accept HRA Vouchers for all summer programs.)
This year, our tuition based summer programs are held at our main site, the Community Church of Jackson Heights, located at 81-10 35th Avenue in Jackson Heights
Summer Academics Gold
Monday thru Friday
8:30am – 3:30pm
The goal of the morning session at 82nd Street Academics is for students to be successful in the upcoming school year through challenging academic activities that will propel them to the head of the class!
• Children work with trained group leaders to practice math and language arts.
• Lesson plans are based on the Common Core Learning Standards.
• We give homework every day so students can practice their newly-learned skills. Monthly progress reports keep you up to date with your child’s development.
• Laptops are used several times a week to enhance each student’s learning experience through technological interactivity.
• For parents, group leaders are available throughout the summer to discuss your child’s learning.
• Students participate in inter-class academic competitions, based on the summer theme.
• Students will be taking trips and special visitors will be featured on-site to complement learning. The program ends with a special ceremony starring your children!
FULL DAY AND EARLY DROP-OFF (K-8), 8:00AM-6:30PM
Are you working extra hours this summer? 82nd Street Academics offers you the option to drop off your child as early as 8:00am and pick up your child at 6:30pm with the Full Day Summer Experience Program which includes both the Academic Achievement Classes and “Learning In Action” Lab. During this time, children may work on homework from their morning classes, use the outdoor play area, or participate in fun art projects! Early drop-off is also available for Academic Achievement and Summer Connection students as capacity allows.
EARLY BIRD 8am – 9am, or HAPPY HOUR (K-8), 6:30PM-7PM
• Drop off your child as early as 7:30am
• Pick up your child as late as 7:00pm.
During this time, children may work on homework from their morning classes, use the outdoor play area, or participate in fun art projects!
Our Summer School Program, in Jackson Heights, Queens, runs for 8 weeks. Please direct any inquiries about this program to our contact forms below or give us a call, 718-457-0429 x200/201!
Food Calendar for Main Site 8110 Location:
Do you also have a child between the ages of 2.5-4 years old? Signup for our summer preschool and UPK bound program “Summer Splash” here!