Parents in Queens are discovering a fun and safe school age daycare that has healthy food and great activities to fill the day. “TGIF” is a school-age child care program that is available to your student in Kindergarten through 5th grade.
“TGIF” is a wonderful option for working parents, providing school age child care that includes breakfast, lunch, and a healthy snack.
Our “TGIF” program goals are:
1. To create a fun, friendly, and safe atmosphere. We want your child begging to return!
2. To strengthen students’ curiosity and self-confidence.
3. To engage students’ in unique physical and hands-on activities. Trained staff members implement group projects and interactive lesson plans throughout the day. Students participate in a variety of exciting and creative activities that may include drama, art, outdoor recreation, invited speakers, trips, media, and group projects related to the day’s theme.
4. To delight families with 6 Super Premium Days during the year where a special trip or visitor is included for an additional $20. These days have included trips to Manhattan and an indoor planetarium that comes to the school. Check the calendar!
Registrations are open to all K-5th grade students. School-age child care days are from 8AM to 6:30PM (Half day option available) located at 8110 35th Avenue Jackson Heights (Some child care days may take place at Renaissance Charter School – Notice will be made in advance).
We are now offering Wii, Knex, and Lego-alternative building toys for students. These toys will help build important skills such as: visual-spatial awareness, problem solving skills, creative thinking, shape, and color recognition.
Pre-Registered Enrollment – $69 per diem
Walk In Enrollment – $89
Students do not have to be a current 82nd Street Academics
General Environment: In the TGIF program, your student will work and play in a clean, safe, and welcoming classroom. Our staff members will treat your student with respect and dignity.
Student Responsibility: Students are expected to make a good faith effort every day to cooperate with others, respect others. We use positive discipline to help students with:
- Self-Awareness – become aware of their emotions and control them
- Social-Awareness – aware of the feelings and rights of others
- Personal Responsibility – to treat others with respect in behavior and attitude
- Goal-Directed Behavior – to try projects and group activities
- Optimistic Thinking – to have self confidence in their abilities
- We only register students who can function in a 1:10 staff student ratio
[button url=”https://gallery.mailchimp.com/8a3d6ce2289fb968e9dfab849/files/9d5cab29-6dca-4695-95e8-cf9a8fe08b4d/TGIF_School_Age_Registration_Form_2018_2019.01.pdf” style=”orange” size=”large”] TGIF School Age Application 2018-2019 [/button]
For more information, please click the button below to submit your contact information
and an 82nd Street Academics representative will get back to you!
[button url=” https://82ndst.com/wordpress/contact/” style=”green” size=”large”] Contact Form [/button]
Required Document: Student Medical Form