Thank you for your interest in Summer School at 82nd Street Academics! Do you want your child at the head of the class in September? Are you worried about summer programs that bore children instead of using their curiosity to give them energy for study? Do you think kids should have summer fun mixed with learning? Summer School at 82nd Street Academics is the best option if you answered yes!
We hope information below will help your family make an informed choice about the best options for your child’s summer experience. There are many options for Summer Programs. We are the best choice for families who want their child to get to the head of the class, want their child to develop a love for learning, and want their child to have some summer fun.
We keep students academically sharp over the summer. They will return to school in September at the head of the class!
The Summer School program is 8 weeks long, from July 5th, 2016 – August 26th, 2016. Half day and full day schedules are available. Please call our Family Services Specialists for more information at (718) 457-0429 x200/201. Come join 82nd Street Academics for a summer of learning and fun. If you’re interested in continuing this academic and social support throughout the school year, please read about our After School programs.
Our Locations: P.S. 69 and Community Church
This summer, our program will be held at Public School 69 (located at 77-02 37th Avenue in Jackson Heights) and at Community Church (located at 81-10 35th Avenue in Jackson Heights). Your child will enjoy a beautiful facility with individual classrooms for each grade, laptop access for all students, and an outdoor play area. The location your child is assigned to will be based on the schedule you choose.
PS69 Summer School Links:
PS 69 Summer Calendar
Do you also have a child between the ages of 2.5-4 years old? Signup for our summer preschool and UPK bound program “Summer Splash” here!
Academic Achievement Classes
Monday thru Friday
9:00am – 12:00pm
The goal of the morning session at 82nd Street Academics is for students to be successful in the upcoming school year through challenging academic activities that will propel them to the head of the class!
• Children work with trained group leaders to practice math and language arts.
• Lesson plans are based on the Common Core Learning Standards.
• We give homework every day so students can practice their newly-learned skills. Monthly progress reports keep you up to date with your child’s development.
• Laptops are used several times a week to enhance each student’s learning experience through technological interactivity.
• For parents, group leaders are available throughout the summer to discuss your child’s learning.
• Students participate in inter-class academic competitions, based on the summer theme.
• Students will be taking trips and special visitors will be featured on-site to complement learning. The program ends with a special ceremony starring your children!
AFTERNOON “8 Planets in 8 Weeks!” LAB
Monday thru Friday
1:00pm – 4:00pm
Afternoons, students follow curiosity to reinforce their understanding of the Common Core Learning Standards through “8 Planets in 8 Weeks”
• Fun Projects
• Students Organized in Spaceships by Grade
• The lessons utilize the concepts from morning classes
• Reading, writing, logic and critical thinking skills are incorporated throughout classes in Drama, “Math 4 Life” lab, Health and Physical Education, Science, and The Arts
FULL DAY AND EARLY DROP-OFF (K-8), 8:00AM-6:30PM
Are you working extra hours this summer? 82nd Street Academics offers you the option to drop off your child as early as 8:00am and pick up your child at 6:30pm with the Full Day Summer Experience Program which includes both the Academic Achievement Classes and “Learning In Action” Lab. During this time, children may work on homework from their morning classes, use the outdoor play area, or participate in fun art projects! Early drop-off is also available for Academic Achievement and Summer Connection students as capacity allows.
EARLY BIRD 8am – 9am, or HAPPY HOUR (K-8), 6:30PM-7PM
• Drop off your child as early as 7:30am
• Pick up your child as late as 7:00pm.
During this time, children may work on homework from their morning classes, use the outdoor play area, or participate in fun art projects!